Friday, July 13, 2007

Potty Training 2.0

OK, I knew it would happen. I made a long post about potty training DC and then she totally peed in her pants, twice yesterday! I picked her up from daycare and they had just come inside from swimming and were all getting their clothes back on. It is really strange to walk into a classroom and see about 10 naked 2 year olds standing around. Anyway, I hugged DC and she felt "damp" but she was holding her swim bag and it was wet so I just didn't really think about it. We got Thomas and went home. When we got home I took DC to the potty and noticed that she was wet and it did not smell good. So, I knew she had an accident. We talked about it, got on a new pair of panties (I really hate that word, panties, it just grates on my nerves, I think I will call them underwear). After dinner I had to go to Sears to return some things I ordered from Land's End. While we were at the mall I got DC the cutest pair of "crock-like" shoes. They are hot pink mary-janes. Then we had to go over to my brother's house to drop off some stuff for my niece. While there, DC was playing with my niece in the living room. I asked her two times within 3 minutes if she had to use the potty and each time she said "no" Two seconds later, she looked up at me while grabbing herself and said "the pee is coming out" I grabbed her and ran into the bathroom but it was too late. She had peed so much it had gone through her very think underwear and ran down her legs into her new shoes. What a mess!!!

With Thomas, we never had accidents so this is all new to me. Thomas was 2 weeks shy of turning 3 when we went down the potty training road and I guess he was just more ready than DC is.

Will DC be mad at me because I am sharing her potty training stories with the world? Will she hate me for this? Will she need counseling? Yes, yes, and yes. Do I care? nahhhhh.

Julie

1 comment:

Blessed said...

Hilarious.
Sorry Julie I can't help but laugh. Poor DC!
Poor you!