Thursday, July 5, 2007

Learning 2.0 and Web 2.0

Eastern Kentucky University Libraries, where I work, is participating in a Learning 2.0 professional development exercise this summer. We are being asked to try some new Web 2.0 technologies and then Blog about them.

So this is my first post about the discovery exercise to watch a video on YouTube called "Web 2.0: the machine is us/ing us" You can view it here.

I love the video on YouTube. It really explains it so well.

I really love that I can create web content with little to know knowledge of programming, html... But, I have to admit, I do sometimes admit that I miss the days of letting the programming geniuses do it all. I would just tell them what I wanted and they would do it. It did not always look the way I wanted it to but at least I did not have to be the one to do it. Now that we are living in the Web 2.0 world, us non-programming people are being asked to do things ourselves. I will and really have already gotten over that but I just needed to get that off my chest.

OK, one more confession: new technology scares me to death. So, this web 2.0 stuff really does freak me out. Just when I think I have mastered something, there are 5o million new technologies, web 2.0 toys that I have to learn. My head is above water, barely. I just keep plugging away, trying to keep up.

1 comment:

Paul Joe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.