Monday, August 20, 2007

Everything on a stick

I played hookie from the first day of school and we all went to the Kentucky State Fair. It was so much fun. I had never been to the fair before so I really had no idea what to expect. TTG had been a long time ago. I also learned that the last time he was there, he actually won a chicken judging competition (or something like that). Apparently there is a trophy with a chicken on it somewhere at his mother's house. I have to get my hands on that. We spent a lot of time in the animal judging area. The place was filled with so many dairy cows. I never knew there were so many different kinds of dairy cows. The kids loved it and wanted to touch every one of them.
We also ate some great food. There was your typical fair food but we went to the tent of food all from Kentucky. According to TTG, the country ham sandwich and the rib eye sandwich were outstanding. It was nice to know the food we were eating was from KY and the money we had spent was going to stay in KY.
We also spent time in the exhibit hall looking at the artwork, photographs, quilts, food, beer... all the stuff people had entered into various contests. There were really some amazing things to be seen. Some of the quilts that people had made were just absolutely amazing and beautiful. What talent we have here in KY. Well, great fun was had by all and we will definitely try and visit the state fair again next year.

4 comments:

Life is Art said...

Can't you just see DC picking up the pitch fork and poking the cow with it? I love the picture!

Nicole said...

Hey,

Isn't that the infamous "Sassy Chick" shirt from the pouty face photo?

foxtwin said...

"i get allergic smelling hay" ;)

Blessed said...

Cute pic!!
I have only been to the KY state Fair once. I remember going to a concert--The Oak Ridge Boys.
Okay now sing it with me:
"Elvira, Elvira
My heart's on fire Elvira
Giddy Up Oom Poppa Omm Poppa Mow Mow
Giddy Up Oom Poppa Omm Poppa Mow Mow
Heigh-ho Silver, away"