Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Easter Vigil SEAS


Baptism-SEAS Easter 2008
Originally uploaded by Julie George
I wanted to post a picture from the Easter Vigil service at my church, St Elizabeth Ann Seton (SEAS) in Lexington. The Easter Vigil is such an awesome service for many reasons. One special event is when we welcome the newest members into full communion with the Church. I spend a good part of a year leading up to Easter getting to know these newest members of the Church by attending classes with them. So, it always a very special evening. This is a photo of Tina right after she was baptized. The smile on her face is just awesome. The lighting in the church was very dark so I had to play with the colors on the photo. It looks a little strange but you can't mistake the look of pure joy on Tina's face.

1 comment:

Blessed said...

awesome.
I got goosebumps again :)