Friday, September 7, 2007

Scared of Clowns?

I need your help to win an argument with my husband. In the Lexington Herald Leader today (9/7/2007) there is a photo and short piece about a clown convention in town this weekend. I made the comment to TTG that a clown convention was probably many people's worst nightmare. He said that I was the only person he know who was freaked by clowns. I just don't believe that is true. I think there a tons of people that are freaked by clowns. I mean, come on, clowns are about as creepy as they get. So, back me up here. Ask your friends and family and then comment back to me about clown fears. I know there are more of you out there. I need your support. If you are not freaked by clowns, click on this link and tell me that you are not scared. Good Lord, the picture will give you nightmares for weeks.

7 comments:

Life is Art said...

I'm not scared of clowns but reading "IT" did make me think twice about that. Elisabeth is definitely very afraid of clowns. A lot of people have told me (over the years) that they are afraid of clowns as well. It seems to me more people dislike them than like them. Sorry TTG!

Anonymous said...

Clowns are creepy
A

Nicole said...

Hello?! Remember that clown doll in the first poltergeist movie! SCARY! Seriously.

Anonymous said...

Would they put it on a t-shirt (and other random items) if it wasn't true?!? Check out http://www.ihateclowns.com/, I knew a girl in HS who wore a "can't sleep, clown will eat me" shirt at least once a week!

foxtwin said...

omg yes - that clown in poltergeist did freak me out - but, that entire movie freaked me out - clowns are ok in context: Bozo on a stage getting a pie to the face: fine ... Bozo walking down my hallway in the middle of the night: um, no ...

Melissa said...

Clowns are VERY scary. When I was a little girl, my mother tried to cure me of my clown fear by taking me to a birthday party early so that I could see the clowns get dressed/put on their makeup and know that they were real people, deep down. I watched this process with no problem but still freaked out when the clowns arrived at the party. I will definitely try to avoid the convention in Lexington this weekend -- thanks for the heads up! ;)

Blessed said...

First of all I couldn't click on the link becuz I don't want to see.
I AM FREAKED OUT BY CLOWNS!!!
I don't know when it actually began but I do remember staying at my ex-boyfriends house and his mom had this room that had red carpet and a white bedspread. There were clowns EVERYWHERE!!! Dolls, figurines, pictures. NIGHTMARE!!!
To say the least, I didn't sleep.
I was creeped out.
To me clowns are just sinister, evil.
I went to a kid's b-day last year and they had a clown. I couldn't be in the same room with him. Some my friends found it funny, tried to get the clown to go to me, I had to put my head down and cower.
Same kid had a b-day party this year, the clown came back, I think my fears were worse becuz I was just freaked out to tears. I stayed on the other side of the b-day party!!!
When I think of a clown all painted up with his white face and bulbous nose, and big fake red smile, I just picture John Wayne Gacy. That serial killer use to dress up as a clown and entertain kids at b-day parties. Talk about SCARY!!!
You are not alone by far!! Sorry TTG!